The vaccinations against corona disease are organised in Finland by local health authorities. The vaccination order is stated by the Finnish government and the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL).
At this point the vaccines are given to
- People born in 1981 or before
- People (born 2005 or before) at the higher risk of severe corona disease. The proof of medical history is asked at the site
If you belong to vaccination groups mentioned above you can make appointment. Please call 044 709 37 88, service also available in English. If you do not belong to aforementioned groups, please wait. If you have questions concerning corona disease or vaccinations, plese send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The vaccinations in Kainuu region are delivered in local vaccination venues (health centers or at the central hospital in Kajaani). The vaccination is given only by appointment.
NB! Notice that Covid vaccines are not given to under 16 years of age. All new vaccines are mRNA-based by Pfizer-Biontech or Moderna.
More information and instructions about the vaccinations
- Kainuun sote: Information on COVID-19
- The Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare: THL websites
- The Ministry of Social Affairs and Health: Coronavirus and vaccine candidates
- How to get a vaccination! -video on Youtube. Presentation is translated in several languages
- Ask for vaccinations! -webinar recorded on Youtube.